Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What's your take on Obama's Speech?

So, did you watch the speech last night? What's your take on it?

Here's mine... I thought it was brilliant! He spoke directly to me, directly to the American people. Waking up this morning, I, along with 85% of the American people feel more optimistic about the country's direction.

He made me feel confident that the economy WILL turn around. He TOLD me that education was a top priority and laid out plans to help parents with small children as well as those that are heading off to college. He gave assurance that he would allocate the military in the places that we need it most. He talked about the banks and the auto industry and said with no uncertain terms that he would not put up with executives who abuse bailout money. I liked what he said about the auto industry. I wasn't 100% on board with bailing out the auto industry at first but when he said he just couldn't let the industry die when we were the first inventors of the automobile, it made sense to me. He spoke about health care and his plans to help all Americans obtain health care.

This all may be what he's said before, but this time he was precise, direct and gave timelines for when he expects his plans to be rolled out. He directed his cabinet as well as the American people to step in, step up and make a difference.

My favorite quote, "We will rebuild, we will recover and the United States of America will emerge stronger than before."

Simply stated, BRILLIANT!
Embedded video from CNN Video

No comments: