Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Is Sarah Palin really Rouge?


Sarah Palin was given a golden opportunity yesterday to take a stand and explain who she was and once again she failed to deliver. Why would you not take advantage of such a platform as being on stage with the Queen of interviewing herself, Oprah Winfrey, and not give solid, direct answers to the questions you're being asked? I don't know any more about Sarah Palin today than I did when she was running for VP. She skirted around the questions just as she did on the campaign trail. She's not even in politics anymore, yet her answers were very scripted, very politician like. I'm curious to see if she'll run in 2012. I hope and pray she doesn't, but I'm a little concerned that it is actually on her radar screen even though she said in the Oprah interview that it wasn't.

Anyone who knows me, knows I am far from being a supporter of Sarah Palin or the Republican Party. However, I did go into the interview with an open mind. I wanted to see who Sarah really was. I wanted honest, direct answers and I didn't get that. Take for example the question about Levi being invited to Thanksgiving. That's a simple yes or no question and doesn't require much if any explanation. We all know what kind of person Levi is, so just answer the question, YES or NO! Not, "Oh the thought of that is just so lovely"? Huh, lovely how?

Now, with all that said I do have to give her credit for even doing the interview with Oprah. Her supporters and non-supporters were not too thrilled that she was even going to do it. However, I do think Oprah was very respectful as was Sarah regarding each others political views and choices.

Did you see the interview and if so, what are your thoughts? Supporter or not, are you going to be reading her book, Going Rogue?

No comments: