Friday, October 3, 2008

What matters most.......

I watched a youtube video today from a Steel Workers of America employee. He is an avid Obama supporter who took the courage to stand up among a large crowd and talk about how disgraceful it is to consider not voting for Barack Obama because of the color of his skin.


What Americans need to understand is at the end of the day what matters most is the character of the man running for the highest office, the Presidency of the United States of America. It should not matter what the color of his skin may be, but what values he holds within his soul. I can't think of a better person than Barack Obama. He is who I think can hand over our nation to our children and our children's children knowing he did everything in his power to make this county a better place.

I'm very fortunate. As a child, my parents taught me, as well as my brother, about equality. I can say, that as a citizen of this great nation, I don't care what color Barack may appear on the outside (might I mention his mother is white and his father is black), but what matters most is what he believes inside, what his goals are and what he stands for. I can not think of anyone more sincere than Barack to bring the change we so desperately need.

We only have 31 more days until the General Election. I hope that you will get out there and vote. Look at the issues, look at the track records of both Obama and McCain, make an informed decision on who you feel is best suited for the position and VOTE! Your vote does count more now than ever before.

No comments: