Wednesday, March 3, 2010

American Idol - Girls Night Recap

My favorites... Crystal (LOVED IT), Katie (liked it a lot), Lilly (Great Performance), Katelyn (liked it), Paige (liked it, liked it).

Crystal - glad she made it tonight and hope she's feeling better. Natural, not forced, bluesy and great tone to her voice, the song was believable. I would hate to be the girls that have to follow her.
Haeley - a little pitchy, the song seems too big for her voice, not sure that will get her through to next week. Go Ryan, call Simon out!
Lacey - no, no, no... I feel like I'm sitting at a bar on karaoke night. LOL, Randy just said the same thing - so funny! To me, this song was worse than last. It didn't work!
Katie - she's got a great sense of humor. WOW, very nice voice, great stage presence, love the song choice... I think Corinne Bailey Rae would be very proud!
Didi - love her, but didn't care for the song choice, it felt like I was watching a cell phone commercial and the pace was so slowwww. I hated to see her cry, she's got to get thicker skin if she wants to make it in that business.
Michelle - don't like the arrangement, voice was less than mediocre, wanted it to END. Was Kara drinking Paula's juice tonight? She could not be serious about that being Michelle's best so far!
Lilly - great song choice for her voice, like her quirky style, very original.
Katelyn - she said it best by describing it as intimate, is really was. A little pitchy in places, loved the slowness of the song, emotional version and my favorite performance of hers so far.
Paige - nice-strong voice, fun song for her, great stage presence. Totally disagree with Simon's take on her performance.
Siobhan - she has a great voice, she can sing, but not Aretha's song. WHOA, that last yell was ear piercing. LOL, Ellen with the snuggie joke - crackin' me up! Siobhan needs some help with her interviewing skills.

Ladies, ladies, ladies... I have to say I enjoyed it much more than the guys from last night. I had to go back and watch Crystal again. I thought she was FABULOUS!

You know, Ryan asked a great question at the beginning, "Why is Kara all up on Simon?" It does seem like she's sitting on his lap this season.

No comments: