Tuesday, March 9, 2010

American Idol - Only Room For Six Girls

Let's get right to it?

Katie - I didn't think it was a good song choice at all, yes, it's a younger song choice, but it was slow. It didn't show her young spunky personality, which she needed to show tonight. Pitchy in places, the song seemed to swallow her whole.
Siobhan - very controlled, a little slower than I would have thought she would have picked, seemed safe to me.
Lacey - she has the most beautiful eyes! Her voice still seems nervous to me. Definitely more controlled than prior weeks, but I didn't like the song choice for her. I so agree with Simon, I don't think she's found the right song to figure out what kind of artist she would be.
Katelyn - wish she wouldn't have used the piano tonight, this is a song she needs to be out there dancing to - actually performing instead of standing behind the piano. Seemed robotic. Liked the song choice for her and her voice was controlled. Last week they said she seemed corny, but she seemed even more so tonight for me.
Didi - love her, but she is putting me to sleep with this song tonight. This could be a big mistake for her. Very surprised with the judges response.
Paige - too nervous, cabaret-ish, something seems off with her voice tonight... not what we're used to. She's shown she can sing, but this may send her home! She could have left the love for Michael Jackson out of her response as to why she was so emotional singing the song. Unnecessary!
Crystal - the crowd needs to quit clapping. Bluesy, finally livening up the crowd. She seems so connected to every song she sings. Loved the ending for her, she really showcased her amazing voice. THE BEST!
Lilly - like her but I thought the song was a little too big for her (Patsy Cline is a hard singer to replicate). Not a fan of the song choice. You could tell she was not happy with the song either once she finished singing and moved the mic. I could see it in her eyes.

What was up with the girls tonight? They seemed to be all over the place! I don't even know if I can pick six that I actually liked.

Thoughts?

No comments: