Wednesday, March 10, 2010

American Idol - Only Room For Six Boys

I hope the guys do more than the girls did last night. Here we go, let's see what they've got...

Lee - such a current song choice, love that raspy voice of his, pitchy in places but very good performance overall.
Alex - Love this song, very controlled voice, seemed a little more confident this week and I just love that sweet boyish face.
Tim - very good song choice for his voice, I thought he did a really good job this week, very nice tone, controlled. The only thing I would have liked to have seen is him sitting on a stool strumming the guitar. Cute dimples!! OK, that was a first... Ellen just got up to give a hug.
Andrew - Christina Aguilera is such a hard singer to follow, hmmmmm.... it was just ok, no WOW factor, a little flat. Is it weird he only sings songs that are sung by women?
Casey - ohhhhh, such a great song for him, it was AWESOME!! So deep, you could see his vulnerability! LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT!!!
Aaron - bad start, I think he got off on the wrong foot. However, I liked it once he got to the chorus. Seemed a little more nervous tonight than weeks past... he needs to sit back on the stool and not dance. LOL! I don't like it when Kara uses Honey & Sweetie when talking to the contestants, it's condescending.
Todrick - the beginning didn't work for me at all, but once he got 1/2 way through it wasn't all that bad. Loved Simon's take on his performance - "American Idol, The Musical".
Mike - that boy can sang!!!! when he got into the melody, LOVED IT!! Mike knew he did it, did you see that smile on his face when he moved the mic? OK Kara, that was a little over the top with the tears. Loved that he sang that song on the week his wife was in the audience. You could tell he was singing that song to her - "A Woman's Work". Beautiful!

Not sure why Randy has said in the past that it's the girls year to win, because the guys are doing so much better. The guys were hot tonight!

I know I gave Kara a hard time, but I still really like her as a judge. She gives precise, clear, constructive criticism that the contestants can really use to grow.

No comments: