Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hurricane Ike ~ 2nd Update

Here's the latest update of Ike:



The drive home this afternoon was not that bad. Normally it takes me an hour to 1 & 1/2 hours to make it home. However, this afternoon it only took me 45 minutes. Most companies shut down today around noon or late afternoon so the drive home was a breeze (no pun intended). When I got to Laura's school, she was so excited ~ there is no school tomorrow for her and that was music to her ears. I am actually going in for a few hours, but as soon as I get the computers shut down and everything taken care of, I'm out of there. Laura will be going in with me and Tim will be making his rounds to the stores before the storm hits.

Luckily Tim was able to run to the store again this afternoon and he picked up a few things I didn't get on my trip. During our conversation, while he was in the grocery store, he asked "where can I get some glow sticks for Laura?". So, I quickly told him to go around the corner to Party City. I didn't know by telling him that, he would end up spending $100.00 on "fun stuff" for her to do during the hurricane. Tim wants to make sure Laura is aware of the danger of a hurricane, but he doesn't want her to think it's too scary either. We're letting Laura put her inside tent/bed in our room so she can be with us in the event Ike hits tomorrow evening. She's pretty excited about that too!

I'll check back in later. Take care!

No comments: