Friday, September 12, 2008

Hurricane Ike ~ 4th Update

Here is latest look at Hurricane Ike:



It's about 2:06 and the clouds are finally starting to roll in. I've gotten the laundry done, I've cleaned the house and Laura and I are just hanging out. She has been on my laptop most of the afternoon. She's only 4, but I swear she's so good with computers. She's already gone searching for laptops of her own, too funny!!

Well, I just got a call from my father and he said my brother, Eric was watching the news (if you want to call Geraldo Rivera news) and Eric saw Geraldo fall over from the wind. Well, I think he's being a little over dramatic. I'm watching The Weather Channel and they have women reporting in Galveston Bay and the winds are not that bad. I hate how some news media make things out to be a little more serious than it is. It makes it very difficult when you live in a different state than your family does. I walked outside to assure my father that the wind wasn't really blowing here yet so he would feel a little better and I think that helped some. I'm not saying I don't think we'll get wind and rain, I actually think we'll get a significant amount actually. However, I wish the news media would report it like it really is.

There is already flooding in Galveston, not because of rain, because it's only drizzling right now, but from the storm surge (waves are about 18-20 ft). Other than that, things are not that bad here.

I'll update everyone in a few hours as things progress. For my family and friends, things aren't probably as bad as your news channels are making it, but I'll update you as things start to turn nasty.

Talk to you soon!

No comments: