Sunday, September 7, 2008

Our 8th Anniversary!


Tim and I will be celebrating our 8th Anniversary on Tuesday and as always Tim loves to surprise me. Well, he didn't disappoint this year.

Saturday morning I woke up to breakfast in bed and a beautiful bouquet of pink flowers on the night stand. After breakfast, I was told to be ready by 10:15. Tim took Laura shopping for a gift, as she had a Birthday Party to attend that afternoon. When they got back, they brought company with them ~ Ms. Carissa. It seems Tim and Carissa had been working on my surprise for a few weeks.

The surprise was something I don't get much of, an all day date with my husband. Of course I still had no idea what all was in store, but I knew he would have it all planned out.

We started off the day at the Heights Massage & Day Spa. Tim and I enjoyed a couples massage. They pampered us with fruit and chocolate covered strawberries. After our massage we left and had a light lunch at Java Java. When we arrived at the address we had no idea we were actually at the restaurant because the awning read, "The Flower Shop". After walking all the way around the building, we finally decided to go in to the flower shop and ask for directions. Little did we know, it was Java Java the whole time. After lunch we ended up going home to get cleaned up since we were so greasy from the massage. Tim then took me to Barnes & Noble to pick out a new book. I picked out my book and we headed for Herman Park where I was able to sit and read, people watch and enjoy a beautiful day under the trees. Surprisingly, it was not that hot. In fact we had a nice breeze come through that afternoon. After spending a few hours there, we headed to the Alamo Draft House. Tim and I love watching movies here, because you can eat and drink while watching a movie. We ordered a bottle of wine to have with our meal. The movie we chose was The Dark Knight. I wasn't much of a fan of the movie, but I'm also not a Batman fan either. I thought Heath Ledger did an outstanding job as the Joker. He was truly dark in this movie, but it was a great performance to see from him. After the movie, we headed home just in time to tuck our little one in to bed and give goodnight hugs and kisses.

I had such a wonderful time on my date with my hubby. It's hard for us to get a chance to do stuff like that since all of our family lives in another state. So, when given the opportunity we don't pass it up.

Link to the Heights Massage & Day Spa
http://www.heightsmassage.com/
Link to Herman Park
http://www.hermannpark.org/index.html
Link to Alamo Draft House
http://www.drafthouse.com/

2 comments:

DukeMom2008 said...

Happy Anniversary, Shelly!!! Congratulations on what sounds like a truly special and romantic date with your husband.

Mrs. Green

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mrs. Green, We did have a wonderful day.