Friday, September 26, 2008

It's been a while......

I've taken a while to make a post to my blog, but it seems like things have been full speed ahead since Hurricane Ike hit. It seems several people are still without power. I was out of work for a week because we did not have power restored until the Saturday after the storm. Residents of Galveston Island were finally allowed back this past Wednesday. Thousands are still without power, and may be for several more weeks.

Keith Urban @ The Grand Ole Opry ~ September 27, 2008


Well, today is my Birthday and for such a special occasion, Tim planned a trip to Nashville. We left last night and arrived around 6:00. Because we were so tired last night, we just went to dinner and came back to hit the sack. Today we have been out shopping and walking around downtown Nashville. Every restaurant/bar has someone singing in them. Laura bought a Hannah Montana microphone earlier in the day, so she was singing away every time she walked by a bar with music. Tomorrow is Demo Day for Northern so we will visit all of Tim's stores for the day. Laura and I actually like Demo Day, because we get to ride go-carts that we get to ride while Daddy works. We seem to have a great time. After Demo Day, we will be going to see Keith Urban @ The Grand Ole Opry. I look so forward to it. I think he will put on a great concert. Sunday we will head back home and start the week over again.

Today is also the 1st Presidential Debate. Of course Tim joked a few weeks back by saying "Well I know what we'll be doing in Nashville". At the time I said "no we won't be watching the debate". Well, it's 7:11 Central time and we're sitting here waiting for the 8pm debate. Surprisingly, Tim is interested in watching it to. I think most of it has to do with the 700 Billion Dollar Bailout that is going out. I think he wants to see what's going on with the economy. Last night he was up watching Cramer on Mad Money to see what all is happening with the economy. Tim LOVES that show and could watch it all day long!

Well, I better get going so I can get ready for the debate. Talk to you guys later. Take care!

No comments: